Facts of Nepal
- Country Name: Nepal
- Latitude & Longitude: 26’12’ and 30’27’ North and 80 degree 4’ and 88 degree 12’ East.
- Area: 147,181 sq km
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Population: 30 million
- Political System: Federal Democratic Republic Nepal
- Topography: 194ft elevation in the tropical Terai to Earth’s highest 8,848 meters (29,029 ft) Mount Everest or Sagarmatha.
- Climate: Ranges from sub-tropical in the low lands to Arctic higher altitudes.
- Seasons: Winter (December – February), Summer (March – May), Monsoon (June – August), Autumn (September – November).
- National Bird: Impean Pheasant (Danfe)
- National Animal: Cow
- National Flower: Rhododendron Arboreus (Lali Guras)
- Flora and Fauna: 840 different species of wet-land, migratory and residential birds, 8% of the world’s population of birds.
- Language: The major languages of Nepal(percent spoken as mother tongue) are Nepali (48.6%), Maithali (11.7%), Bhojpuri (6.0%), Tharu(5.8%), Tamang (5.1%), Newari/Nepal Bhasa (3.2%), Magar (2.4%), Rai (2.8%), Awadhi (2.5%), Limbu (1.5%), and Bajjika (1%).
Nepal Holiday Trips
Places of attractions, travel tips, news and more.Recent From Our Blog
Langtang Valley is one of the most distinct and beautiful destinations to trek in Nepal. Also known as the Valley of Glaciers, the region not only stands out for its natural beauty but also for its easy accessibility. From shortest Langtang treks to low altitude treks, it offers many choices for both new and experienced…
Everest Gokyo Ri Trek Everest Himalayas in the northern Nepal house an astounding array of natural and cultural landmarks. As such, the Gokyo Lakes is one of the biggest highlights in the region. Surrounded by the majestic Everest range, the turquoise Gokyo lakes are touted as the highest freshwater lakes in the world. As such,…
Upper Mustang Trek Nepal possesses natural wonders that a person simply cannot ignore. From the tallest mountains to the deepest gorges, Nepal is composed of a diverse set of landscapes. Similar factors contribute to Nepal being trekker’s paradise. There are hundreds of places that provide stunning journeys amidst nature. One of the hundreds is Upper…