Facts of Nepal
- Country Name: Nepal
- Latitude & Longitude: 26’12’ and 30’27’ North and 80 degree 4’ and 88 degree 12’ East.
- Area: 147,181 sq km
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Population: 30 million
- Political System: Federal Democratic Republic Nepal
- Topography: 194ft elevation in the tropical Terai to Earth’s highest 8,848 meters (29,029 ft) Mount Everest or Sagarmatha.
- Climate: Ranges from sub-tropical in the low lands to Arctic higher altitudes.
- Seasons: Winter (December – February), Summer (March – May), Monsoon (June – August), Autumn (September – November).
- National Bird: Impean Pheasant (Danfe)
- National Animal: Cow
- National Flower: Rhododendron Arboreus (Lali Guras)
- Flora and Fauna: 840 different species of wet-land, migratory and residential birds, 8% of the world’s population of birds.
- Language: The major languages of Nepal(percent spoken as mother tongue) are Nepali (48.6%), Maithali (11.7%), Bhojpuri (6.0%), Tharu(5.8%), Tamang (5.1%), Newari/Nepal Bhasa (3.2%), Magar (2.4%), Rai (2.8%), Awadhi (2.5%), Limbu (1.5%), and Bajjika (1%).
Nepal Holiday Trips
Places of attractions, travel tips, news and more.Recent From Our Blog
To traverse the Himalayas is a blissful journey and Mardi Himal Trek provides you an opportunity to gain this experience. Amongst many treks in Nepal, the Mardi Himal Trek stands out with its incomparable beauty and is becoming more popular by the day. Mardi Himal Trek takes you to the heart of the Annapurna region….
Everest is the world’s highest mountain peak. Famous across the world for the achievement it offers those who manage its summit; it is the ultimate item on any trekkers bucket list. So here at My Everest Trekking we offer a number of Everest Trekking Packages to give you the flexibility to make this dream possible….
Located in Midwest Nepal in Gorkha district, Manaslu is the 8th highest mountain in the world. The major attractions of doing treks around the mountain are the beautiful and pristine trails and the wonderful villages on the way. With a variety of treks available here, options to view majestic mountains like Manaslu and Ganesh seem…