Mount Everest is the world’s highest mountain peak in the world. Everest has two base camps; North Everest Base camp and South Everest Base Camp . from Nepal side Everest Base camp height are 5364 meters or (17,598 in feet)and North Everest base camp in Tibet at an altitude of 5150 meters (16,900 in feet). These base camps are used while climbing Mount Everest either via northeast ridge or southeast ridge of Everest.
Everest Base Camp (South base camp), is the world’s most popular trekking destination in Nepal, Every Year over 30 thousands of trekkers are each on Everest Base camp. For this trek, trekkers need to fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and then a few days trek to base camp. The trek route follows, Phakding, Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, Gorak shep, Kala Patthar, and then rich Everest base camp.
In a spring Trekking season ( March to May ) is best to climb Mt Everest. Every year more a lees 300 people want to climb Mt Everest.
Everest Base Camp Trek Highlights:
- A Scenic flight to Lukla This flight start from Kathmandu to Lukla it is 30 min flight
- Getting acquainted with Sherpa culture: looks like similar Tibetan culture.
- Visiting the heart of Khumbu Namche Bazzer and Khumjung Valley
- Exploring Everest Viewpoint From There you can see mt Everest Himalayan range and many other peaks like Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Taboche, and Kusum Kanguru
- Visiting the Tengboche Monastery which is an old monastery for this reason and it becomes very famous and hears have a festival in November its called Mani Rimdu.
- Reaching Mt.Everest Base Camp. 5367 M
- Experiencing Kalapatthar’s Majestic viewpoint 5545M
- Witnessing views of the Khumbu Icefall.
- Seeing Nepal’s biggest Khumbu and longest Ngozumpa glaciers.
Best time to Trek
Nepal actually has two different seasons like spring and Autumn are good for the trekking Season ( March-May and September to December) those times the weather is very good and you can see a clear sky with very good mountain views.