Ganden Samye Trek
Highlights of Ganden Samye Trek
- The Ganden Samye Trek is a popular trekking route in Tibet that connects the Ganden Monastery and the Samye Monastery. The trek takes about 4-5 days to complete and covers a distance of approximately 80 km. It is a challenging trek that crosses high mountain passes, beautiful alpine lakes, and scenic valleys.
- The trek starts from the Ganden Monastery, which is located about 45 km east of Lhasa. From there, the trail ascends through alpine meadows, past glacial lakes, and over the 5,160-meter Shug La Pass. The views from the pass are spectacular, with panoramic vistas of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- After crossing the pass, the trail descends into the picturesque Chitu Valley, where trekkers can see traditional Tibetan villages and nomad camps. The trek then passes through several more high passes before finally reaching the Samye Monastery, which is located on the banks of the Yarlung Tsangpo River.
- The Ganden Samye Trek is a physically demanding trek that requires a good level of fitness and acclimatization to the high altitude. Trekkers are advised to take several days to acclimatize in Lhasa before starting the trek and to bring appropriate clothing and equipment for the changing weather conditions.
- Overall, the Ganden Samye Trek is a fantastic adventure for those who are looking for an authentic Tibetan experience and a challenging trek in a remote and beautiful region of the world.
Ganden Samye Trek
Ganden Samye Trek is among Tibet’s most popular and challenging treks. It was first opened to foreign travelers in 1985. Ganden to Samye Trek offers stunning Himalayan views, including Mount Everest (8848m), Mount Kailash (6638m), Cho Oyu (8201m), and Shishapagma (8013m). Besides these astonishing Himalayan views, the trekker can also witness high altitude pristine lakes and unique high-altitude alpine forests and observe great Tibetan history and culture. Along the way, you will encounter two high passes and experience some tremendous and remote regions of Tibet. Crossing two high passes: Shuga la Pass (5250m) and Chitu la Pass (5210m), is the most challenging part of this trek. However, if you are well acclimatized, you can easily cross the passes without difficulty.
Best time for Ganden to Samye Trek
The best time to do the Ganden to Samye trek is from mid-May to mid-October, which is the peak trekking season in Tibet. During this time, the weather is generally stable and the temperatures are mild, making it ideal for trekking.
However, it’s important to note that the weather in Tibet can be unpredictable and change quickly, so it’s always a good idea to check the weather forecast before embarking on any trekking trip. Additionally, you should be prepared for cold temperatures, especially at night, even during the peak trekking season.
It’s also important to keep in mind that the area around Ganden and Samye can get quite crowded during peak season, so if you’re looking for a more solitary trekking experience, you may want to consider going during the shoulder season (late April to mid-May or mid-October ).
During Your Trek
Drive from Kathmandu to the city of Lhasa via Nyalam, Shegar, Shigatse, and Gyantse. Sightseeing in Lhasa, where you will explore The Potala Palace and other monasteries. Then a 32km drive from Lhasa to Ganden, where we begin our trek. Ganden to Samye Valley trekking starts from the Ganden Monastery (4180m) and ends at the Samye Monastery, the first Tibetan Buddhist Monastery.
Group or private
Ganden to Samye Trek is one of the most popular and challenging trekking destinations in Tibet. We operate this trek in an organized group. A Customized itinerary with personalized travel and accommodation is also available upon request.
Would you like to go to the Kailash Trek? Please take a look at the Tibet Kailash Tour.
|01||Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft) then picked up from the airport to Hotel||O/N at 3 Star Hotel (A, D)|
|02||Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation||8||O/N at 3 Star Hotel (A, B)|
|03||Drive to Nyalam (Nepal – Tibet border town)||7-8||O/N at Guest Houe (A.B, L, D)|
|04||Drive to Shegar||5-6||O/N at Guest House (A, B, L, D)|
|05||Drive to Shigatse||5-6||O/N at Guest House (A, B, L, D)|
|06||Drive to Gyantse||5-6||O/N at Guest House (A, B, L, D)|
|07||Drive to Lhasa||3-4||O/N at 3-star Hotel (A, B, L, D)|
|08-09||Sight Seeing in Lhasa||7-8||O/N at 3-star Hotel (A, B, L, D)|
|10||Drive to Ganden monastery and sightseeing||3-4||O/N at Guest House (A, B, L, D)|
|11-13||Trek to Samye monastery and sightseeing||3-4||O/N at Guest House (A, B, L, D)|
|14||Trek to Nigu river and drive to Gongar Airport||1||O/N at Hotel (A, B, L, D)|
|15||Early morning fly to Kathmandu||O/N at 3 Stear Hotel (A, B, D)|
|16||Final Departure||( B)|
MyEverestTrip is a Nepalese Travel and Trekking Agency based in Kathmandu. We have been operating in different trekking regions for more than a decade, traveling with hundreds of trekkers and travelers all around the world.
With the pure intention to bring trekkers to Nepal’s safety and comfort, we have an entire team of travel planer, guides, and porters. We also have connections to hotels and restaurant lines all over Nepal for ensuring that our trekkers get the best possible facilities.
So, here is the reason why you should travel with MyEverestTrip.
Customize your itinerary:
We have designed a well-planned Itinerary for all travel destinations around Nepal. However, this Itinerary is customizable as per the need and requests of our trekkers. Just let us know when and how long you are staying so that we can arrange the rest.
Our Expert guide:
Although all travel agency claims to have a good guide, many of them are not informed about the place you are traveling to. However, MyEverestTrip has its own licensed guide in Nepal. They have been working in this field for over three decades, collecting all the information about the place/ culture, and learning to keep the travelers safe. Also, our guide is good at the English language. Upon special request, we can even hire a guide who can speak Chinese and other European languages for trekking in Nepal.
Fair and reasonable Cost:
MyEverestTrip has been known for its very economic trek packages in Nepal. You can compare the price we offer with any other travel agency in Nepal and only book with us if you are satisfied with our cost. We try to include all needed expenses during the tour so that you will not be overwhelmed with hidden expenses after the packages are booked.
Your safety is our priority:
Obviously, the safety of our trekkers and our team is the utmost priority of MyEverestTrip. Our guide and porters who shall accompany you for the trip will have insurance of their own. We also encourage Travel insurance for our trekkers. Our treks and trip have been so designed that you only walk an appropriate distance. In any case of emergency, you will always have our back.
Responsible and Eco-Friendly
MyEverestTrip operates with the belief in responsible tourism. This includes
- We are transparent about the services covered on the trip. There shall be no hidden cost (informed in advance if there’s any)
- We cover all the places that have been promised before the trek (the trend of skipping places once you book the package has to be discouraged).
- All our guides and porter are above 18yrs. We highly discourage child labor in the tourism industry
- We do not leave any wastage behind on the trekking routes. We either dispose of the waste appropriately or carry them back with us and send it to the municipality
- We do not engage in any activities that affect the people in the trek places of Nepal we stay.
- Airport/hotel pick up and drop off by private car / Jeep
- Two nights 3-star hotel in Kathmandu bed and Breakfast plan
- Meals on the entire board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the whole trekking
- An experienced Government license holder guide
- Trekking porter/ Sherpa who will carry your bags during the trekking
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- Essential camping gear like tents, mattresses, and sleeping bags.
- All government taxes and tourist service charges
- Necessary entrance fees
- Tibet visa fee
What's not included
- Meals in Kathmandu before and after trekking
- Your travel insurance
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver
- Drinks (hot, cold, and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc
- Personal trekking equipment.
Choose a Private Trip
If you already know who you would like to take your adventure with and would prefer to enjoy your ‘My Everest Trip’ experience with your own group of friends, then we’ve got good news! All of our trips are also available as private adventures! Our private adventure specialists are on hand to give you a quote or talk you through some of the different options that we offer.
So feel free to give us a call on +977 9851069558 or Email us at [email protected]
If you have already travelled with us and want to share your story and experiences to the world please send us your experiences by cliking the button below:
Experience the Ultimate Himalayan Adventure with MyEverestTrip – Your Reliable and Eco-Friendly Tour Company in Nepal
Looking to embark on the ultimate Himalayan adventure? Look no further than MyEverestTrip – the most reliable, eco-friendly, and experienced tour company in Nepal. Our seasoned guides offer a wide range of adventures across Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet, including mountain trekking and peak climbing, jungle safaris, sightseeing, bungee jumping, cycling, and paragliding.
Not only do we offer exciting adventures, but we also prioritize sustainability and minimizing our environmental impact. We strive to create unforgettable experiences for our clients while also preserving the beauty and biodiversity of the regions we explore.
Don’t miss out on the adventure of a lifetime – choose MyEverestTrip as your ultimate adventure partner. To learn more about our offerings and how to book your next trip with us, click the link below.
FAQs for Trekking in Nepal
If you’re planning to go trekking in Nepal, here are some frequently asked questions to help you prepare for your adventure.
When is the best time to go trekking in Nepal?
The best time to go trekking in Nepal is between September to November and March to May, when the weather is clear, and the sky is blue. The monsoon season from June to August is the least ideal time due to heavy rainfall and the possibility of landslides.
Is trekking in Nepal difficult?
The level of difficulty varies depending on which trek you choose, but trekking in Nepal can be physically demanding and mentally challenging. It’s essential to do proper training and select a route that matches your skill level. Trekking at higher altitudes may lead to altitude sickness, so it’s crucial to acclimatize properly and take precautions.
How safe is trekking in Nepal?
Trekking in Nepal is a safe adventure if you take proper precautions and follow safety guidelines. Some treks are safe to do without a guide, but it’s recommended to have experienced guides, especially for high-altitude treks above 4,000 meters. Health hazards like altitude and weather changes can make trekking dangerous, but following safety procedures can minimize the risks.
Can I trek in Nepal without a guide?
It’s possible to trek in Nepal without a guide, but it’s recommended to hire a guide or porter, especially if you are a first-time trekker. The guide can help you navigate the trails, communicate with locals, and assist you with any emergencies that may arise during your trek. They provide valuable insights into local culture, customs, and even help carry your belongings.
Hopefully, these FAQs have provided some clarity and helped you plan your trekking adventure in Nepal with more confidence.
Reasons to Choose Us:
- A 70% Repeat Customer rate speaks to our commitment to delivering unforgettable experiences each and every time.
- Guaranteed Departures give peace of mind when it comes to planning and booking your adventure.
- Our team of Destination Experts are experienced and knowledgeable about the regions we explore.
- Competitive Prices ensure our clients receive the best value for their money.
- With a 99% Success Rate, you can trust us to deliver on our promise of an amazing adventure.
Places of attractions, travel tips, news and more.Recent From Our Blog
Top 5 Nepal Trekking Packages in the Himalayas
Himalayan trekkers a thrilling adventure amidst stunning scenery and cultural immersion in the Himalayas? Look no further than our top 5 trekking packages in the Himalayas handpicked for April 2023! With stable weather conditions, clear skies, and blooming rhododendron forests, April is the ultimate time to explore Nepal’s breathtaking landscapes. Our expertly curated trekking packages…
Major Highlights of Langtang Valley Trek
Know about the major Highlights of Langtang Valley Trekking before you book your trip. This article gives you an overview of the Langtang trekking route, including difficulty level, the best time for the Trek, walking hours, packing lists, permits, and guide porter services. Let’s imagine a place that has a great mountain range in the…
Nepal Trekking Packages for 2023
If you plan to trek in Nepal soon and want to know about the top Nepal trekking packages for 2023, this post is for your comfort.