Gorakshep to Kathmandu Heli Ride
Highlights of Gorakshep to Kathmandu by Helicopter Flight
The helicopter flight from Gorakshep to Kathmandu in Nepal is an exciting and scenic journey that offers stunning views of the Himalayas and allows you to cover a significant distance in a short amount of time.
1. Aerial Views of the Himalayas: As you depart from Gorakshep, you’ll be treated to magnificent aerial views of the Himalayan mountain range, including iconic peaks like Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, and many others. The vastness and beauty of these snow-capped giants from the helicopter’s perspective are awe-inspiring.
2. Khumbu Glacier and Icefall: During the flight, you’ll have the opportunity to witness the Khumbu Glacier and the treacherous Khumbu Icefall from above. The glacier’s massive ice formations and the intricate network of crevasses in the icefall create a stunning and dramatic landscape.
3. Everest Base Camp: On the route from Gorakshep to Kathmandu, you’ll fly over the Everest Base Camp. This is where mountaineers begin their expeditions to climb Mount Everest. From the helicopter, you can catch a glimpse of the bustling activity at the camp and appreciate the challenging environment that climbers face.
4. Aerial Perspective of Sherpa Villages: The flight will take you over traditional Sherpa villages such as Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, and Lukla. These villages are nestled in the mountains and provide a unique insight into the Sherpa culture and way of life. Seeing them from above offers a different perspective on their remote and picturesque settings.
5. Scenic Himalayan Valleys and Rivers: As you make your way toward Kathmandu, you’ll soar over deep Himalayan valleys, offering breathtaking views of the rugged landscapes shaped by ancient glaciers. You’ll also see rivers meandering through the valleys, adding to the beauty of the scenery.
6. Efficient Time-Saver: The helicopter flight from Gorakshep to Kathmandu is a convenient and time-saving option compared to trekking the same distance. It allows you to bypass several days of trekking and reach Kathmandu swiftly. This is particularly advantageous if you have limited time or want to avoid the physical exertion of a long trek.
7. Unforgettable Experience: The helicopter flight itself is a memorable experience, providing an adrenaline rush as you soar through the mountains and witness the grandeur of the Himalayas from a unique vantage point. The combination of thrilling aerial adventure and stunning natural beauty will leave a lasting impression.
Gorakshep to Kathmandu Helicopter Flight offers an incredible opportunity to appreciate the Himalayas, witness iconic landmarks like Everest Base Camp, and enjoy a fast and convenient mode of transportation. It’s an experience that combines adventure, natural beauty, and cultural insights into the heart of Nepal.
Gorakshep to Kathmandu Helicopter Flight
Gorakshep to Kathmandu Helicopter Flight is a scenic and thrilling journey that offers stunning aerial views of the Himalayas and allows you to cover a significant distance in a relatively short time. Here’s an overview of what you can expect during this helicopter flight:
The journey begins at Gorakshep, a small village located near Everest Base Camp in the Khumbu region of Nepal. You’ll take off from this high-altitude location, surrounded by towering peaks and breathtaking mountain scenery.
Gorakshep to Kathmandu Helicopter Flight will be treated to panoramic views of the magnificent Himalayan mountain range. The flight provides an incredible opportunity to witness iconic peaks, including the majestic Mount Everest, the highest peak in the world, along with neighboring peaks like Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, and many others. The vastness and beauty of these snow-capped giants from the aerial perspective are truly awe-inspiring.
During the flight, you’ll have a unique opportunity to observe the Khumbu Glacier and the infamous Khumbu Icefall from above. The glacier’s immense ice formations and the intricate network of crevasses in the icefall create a stunning and dramatic landscape that can be appreciated from the helicopter’s vantage point.
Gorakshep to Kathmandu Helicopter Flight showing Old Villages and Cultural Insight As you make your way toward Kathmandu, you’ll fly over traditional Sherpa villages like Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, and Lukla. These villages, nestled in the mountains, offer a glimpse into the Sherpa culture and way of life. Seeing them from above provides a different perspective on their remote and picturesque settings, as well as their unique architecture and terraced fields.
The flight will take you over deep Himalayan valleys, allowing you to enjoy breathtaking views of the rugged landscapes carved by ancient glaciers. You’ll witness the winding paths of rivers as they meander through the valleys, adding to the beauty of the scenery.
The helicopter flight from Gorakshep to Kathmandu is a convenient and efficient way to return to the city, saving you several days of trekking. It’s a particularly advantageous option if you have limited time or want to avoid the physical exertion of a long trek.
Gorakshep to Kathmandu Helicopter Flight offers an unforgettable experience, combining adventure, natural beauty, and cultural insights. Soaring above the Himalayas, witnessing iconic landmarks, and enjoying the thrill of a helicopter ride create memories that will last a lifetime.
Please note that weather conditions and flight availability can vary, so it’s essential to check with local helicopter operators for the most accurate and up-to-date information before planning your flight.
MyEverestTrip is a Nepalese Travel and Trekking Agency based in Kathmandu. We have been operating in different trekking regions for more than a decade, traveling with hundreds of trekkers and travelers all around the world.
With the pure intention to bring trekkers to Nepal’s safety and comfort, we have an entire team of travel planer, guides, and porters. We also have connections to hotels and restaurant lines all over Nepal for ensuring that our trekkers get the best possible facilities.
So, here is the reason why you should travel with MyEverestTrip.
Customize your itinerary:
We have designed a well-planned Itinerary for all travel destinations around Nepal. However, this Itinerary is customizable as per the need and requests of our trekkers. Just let us know when and how long you are staying so that we can arrange the rest.
Our Expert guide:
Although all travel agency claims to have a good guide, many of them are not informed about the place you are traveling to. However, MyEverestTrip has its own licensed guide in Nepal. They have been working in this field for over three decades, collecting all the information about the place/ culture, and learning to keep the travelers safe. Also, our guide is good at the English language. Upon special request, we can even hire a guide who can speak Chinese and other European languages for trekking in Nepal.
Fair and reasonable Cost:
MyEverestTrip has been known for its very economic trek packages in Nepal. You can compare the price we offer with any other travel agency in Nepal and only book with us if you are satisfied with our cost. We try to include all needed expenses during the tour so that you will not be overwhelmed with hidden expenses after the packages are booked.
Your safety is our priority:
Obviously, the safety of our trekkers and our team is the utmost priority of MyEverestTrip. Our guide and porters who shall accompany you for the trip will have insurance of their own. We also encourage Travel insurance for our trekkers. Our treks and trip have been so designed that you only walk an appropriate distance. In any case of emergency, you will always have our back.
Responsible and Eco-Friendly
MyEverestTrip operates with the belief in responsible tourism. This includes
- We are transparent about the services covered on the trip. There shall be no hidden cost (informed in advance if there’s any)
- We cover all the places that have been promised before the trek (the trend of skipping places once you book the package has to be discouraged).
- All our guides and porter are above 18yrs. We highly discourage child labor in the tourism industry
- We do not leave any wastage behind on the trekking routes. We either dispose of the waste appropriately or carry them back with us and send it to the municipality
- We do not engage in any activities that affect the people in the trek places of Nepal we stay.
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Sleeping bag rated to 0 degrees (3/4 season)
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Head lamp (eg Petzl) spare bulbs & batteries
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- Small padlock to lock trek bag
- Underwear (4)
- Basic First Aid Kit (see First Aid Medicine below)
- Waterproof shell jacket (preferably breathable fabric)
- Plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Shorts (2)
- Daypack (35-40 litres/2500-3000 cubic inches)
- Lightweight cotton long trousers/pants
- Camping mattress, eg thermarest pad
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Water bottles (2)
- Sun hat or scarf
- Warm fleece hat or light balaclava
- Small wash towel
- T-shirts (2)
- Footwear appropriate to the trip
- Thin, lightweight (inner socks) (4)
- Waterproof shell trousers/pants (preferably breathable fabric)
- Airport/hotel pick up and drop off by private car
- At least two nights 3 star hotel in Kathmandu Bed and Breakfast plan
- Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in whole trekking
- Local bus / Jeep up to your request
- Trekking map
- An experienced government license holder guide
- Trekking porter/Sherpa who will carry your bags during the trekking
- Insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits
- Travel and rescue arrangement
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- All government taxes and tourist service charge
What's not included
- Meals in Kathmandu before and after trekking
- Your travel insurance ( Rescue )
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver
- Drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc
- Personal trekking equipments
Choose a Private Trip
If you already know who you would like to take your adventure with and would prefer to enjoy your ‘My Everest Trip’ experience with your own group of friends, then we’ve got good news! All of our trips are also available as private adventures! Our private adventure specialists are on hand to give you a quote or talk you through some of the different options that we offer.
So feel free to give us a call on +977 9851069558 or Email us at [email protected]
If you have already travelled with us and want to share your story and experiences to the world please send us your experiences by cliking the button below:
Experience the Ultimate Himalayan Adventure with MyEverestTrip – Your Reliable and Eco-Friendly Tour Company in Nepal
Looking to embark on the ultimate Himalayan adventure? Look no further than MyEverestTrip – the most reliable, eco-friendly, and experienced tour company in Nepal. Our seasoned guides offer a wide range of adventures across Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet, including mountain trekking and peak climbing, jungle safaris, sightseeing, bungee jumping, cycling, and paragliding.
Not only do we offer exciting adventures, but we also prioritize sustainability and minimizing our environmental impact. We strive to create unforgettable experiences for our clients while also preserving the beauty and biodiversity of the regions we explore.
Don’t miss out on the adventure of a lifetime – choose MyEverestTrip as your ultimate adventure partner. To learn more about our offerings and how to book your next trip with us, click the link below.
FAQs for Trekking in Nepal
If you’re planning to go trekking in Nepal, here are some frequently asked questions to help you prepare for your adventure.
When is the best time to go trekking in Nepal?
The best time to go trekking in Nepal is between September to November and March to May, when the weather is clear, and the sky is blue. The monsoon season from June to August is the least ideal time due to heavy rainfall and the possibility of landslides.
Is trekking in Nepal difficult?
The level of difficulty varies depending on which trek you choose, but trekking in Nepal can be physically demanding and mentally challenging. It’s essential to do proper training and select a route that matches your skill level. Trekking at higher altitudes may lead to altitude sickness, so it’s crucial to acclimatize properly and take precautions.
How safe is trekking in Nepal?
Trekking in Nepal is a safe adventure if you take proper precautions and follow safety guidelines. Some treks are safe to do without a guide, but it’s recommended to have experienced guides, especially for high-altitude treks above 4,000 meters. Health hazards like altitude and weather changes can make trekking dangerous, but following safety procedures can minimize the risks.
Can I trek in Nepal without a guide?
It’s possible to trek in Nepal without a guide, but it’s recommended to hire a guide or porter, especially if you are a first-time trekker. The guide can help you navigate the trails, communicate with locals, and assist you with any emergencies that may arise during your trek. They provide valuable insights into local culture, customs, and even help carry your belongings.
Hopefully, these FAQs have provided some clarity and helped you plan your trekking adventure in Nepal with more confidence.
Reasons to Choose Us:
- A 70% Repeat Customer rate speaks to our commitment to delivering unforgettable experiences each and every time.
- Guaranteed Departures give peace of mind when it comes to planning and booking your adventure.
- Our team of Destination Experts are experienced and knowledgeable about the regions we explore.
- Competitive Prices ensure our clients receive the best value for their money.
- With a 99% Success Rate, you can trust us to deliver on our promise of an amazing adventure.
Places of attractions, travel tips, news and more.Recent From Our Blog
Top 5 Nepal Trekking Packages in the Himalayas
Himalayan trekkers a thrilling adventure amidst stunning scenery and cultural immersion in the Himalayas? Look no further than our top 5 trekking packages in the Himalayas handpicked for April 2023! With stable weather conditions, clear skies, and blooming rhododendron forests, April is the ultimate time to explore Nepal’s breathtaking landscapes. Our expertly curated trekking packages…
Major Highlights of Langtang Valley Trek
Know about the major Highlights of Langtang Valley Trekking before you book your trip. This article gives you an overview of the Langtang trekking route, including difficulty level, the best time for the Trek, walking hours, packing lists, permits, and guide porter services. Let’s imagine a place that has a great mountain range in the…
Nepal Trekking Packages for 2023
If you plan to trek in Nepal soon and want to know about the top Nepal trekking packages for 2023, this post is for your comfort.