Gorakshep to Lukla Helicopter Flight
Highlights of Gorakshep to Lukla Helicopter Flight:
The helicopter flight from Gorakshep to Lukla in Nepal is a thrilling and scenic journey that offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan mountain range. Here are some highlights of this memorable flight:
1. Panoramic Mountain Views: The flight provides spectacular panoramic views of the majestic Himalayas, including iconic peaks like Mount Everest (8,848 meters/29,029 feet) and Lhotse (8,516 meters/27,940 feet). You’ll have the opportunity to witness the awe-inspiring beauty of these snow-capped giants up close.
2. Aerial View of Khumbu Glacier: As the helicopter takes off from Gorakshep, you’ll soar above the famous Khumbu Glacier, the highest glacier in the world. It’s an incredible sight to witness the massive ice formations and the rugged terrain from an aerial perspective.
3. Everest Base Camp: On the flight, you’ll get a bird’s-eye view of the Everest Base Camp, the starting point for climbers attempting to summit Mount Everest. You’ll be able to see the yellow tents and the bustling activity at the camp, which is surrounded by the stunning mountain landscape.
4. Dramatic Himalayan Valleys: The flight takes you over deep Himalayan valleys, where you can admire the dramatic and rugged landscapes carved by ancient glaciers. The valleys are dotted with small settlements, terraced fields, and meandering rivers, creating a picturesque scene from above.
5. Remote Mountain Villages: As you approach Lukla, you’ll fly over remote mountain villages nestled in the valleys. These villages, such as Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, and Khumjung, offer a glimpse into the traditional Sherpa culture and lifestyle. From the helicopter, you can appreciate the isolation and beauty of these high-altitude communities.
6. Unique Aerial Experience: The helicopter flight itself is an exhilarating experience, as you soar through the valleys, maneuver around mountain peaks, and witness the ever-changing landscapes. It’s an opportunity to appreciate the grandeur and vastness of the Himalayas from a different perspective.
7. Efficient Time-Saver: The helicopter flight from Gorakshep to Lukla is a convenient way to save time and energy compared to trekking the same distance. It allows you to bypass several days of trekking and reach Lukla, where you can catch a regular flight back to Kathmandu or continue your journey.
The helicopter flight from Gorakshep to Lukla provides an unforgettable experience, combining breathtaking natural beauty, cultural insights, and a thrilling aerial adventure in the heart of the Himalayas.
Gorakshep to Lukla Helicopter Flight
Gorakshep to Lukla helicopter flight is the fastest and most scenic way to return to Lukla after completing trekking and shortening the trekking trail. The Lukla return by heli flight is a popular option for trekkers who have completed the Everest Base Camp trek.
The Gorakshep to Lukla helicopter flight is a fast and scenic option for trekkers who have completed the Everest Base Camp trek. Whether you choose a private or group joining helicopter, this flight provides stunning aerial views of the Himalayas and the Nepalese countryside.
Duration of Gorakshep to Lukla Flight
The Gorakshep to Lukla helicopter flight takes approximately 15-20 minutes, depending on weather conditions and the specific helicopter used. This flight is much faster than the alternative of trekking back down to Lukla, which can take several days. The helicopter flight provides stunning aerial views of the Himalayas and the Nepalese countryside, making it a memorable experience.
Private or Group Joining Helicopter Flight
The cost is the main difference between booking a private or group joining helicopter. Private helicopters are more expensive but offer more flexibility in scheduling and weight capacity. They also provide a more intimate and personalized experience, as you can customize the flight itinerary to suit your needs.
Group joining helicopters is a more affordable option, but they may have limited availability and less flexibility in terms of scheduling. You will also be sharing the helicopter with other travelers, which may limit the amount of space you have for luggage. However, this can be a great option if you travel on a budget.
Book a Gorakshep to Lukla Helicopter Flight
Several helicopter companies operate in Nepal if you want to book a Gorakshep to Lukla helicopter flight. It’s essential to book in advance, especially during peak trekking seasons, to ensure availability and the best pricing.
Before booking your helicopter flight, it’s essential to check the weather conditions and know that flights may be canceled or delayed due to bad weather. Packaging your luggage accordingly is necessary, as weight restrictions apply on helicopter flights.
MyEverestTrip is a Nepalese Travel and Trekking Agency based in Kathmandu. We have been operating in different trekking regions for more than a decade, traveling with hundreds of trekkers and travelers all around the world.
With the pure intention to bring trekkers to Nepal’s safety and comfort, we have an entire team of travel planer, guides, and porters. We also have connections to hotels and restaurant lines all over Nepal for ensuring that our trekkers get the best possible facilities.
So, here is the reason why you should travel with MyEverestTrip.
Customize your itinerary:
We have designed a well-planned Itinerary for all travel destinations around Nepal. However, this Itinerary is customizable as per the need and requests of our trekkers. Just let us know when and how long you are staying so that we can arrange the rest.
Our Expert guide:
Although all travel agency claims to have a good guide, many of them are not informed about the place you are traveling to. However, MyEverestTrip has its own licensed guide in Nepal. They have been working in this field for over three decades, collecting all the information about the place/ culture, and learning to keep the travelers safe. Also, our guide is good at the English language. Upon special request, we can even hire a guide who can speak Chinese and other European languages for trekking in Nepal.
Fair and reasonable Cost:
MyEverestTrip has been known for its very economic trek packages in Nepal. You can compare the price we offer with any other travel agency in Nepal and only book with us if you are satisfied with our cost. We try to include all needed expenses during the tour so that you will not be overwhelmed with hidden expenses after the packages are booked.
Your safety is our priority:
Obviously, the safety of our trekkers and our team is the utmost priority of MyEverestTrip. Our guide and porters who shall accompany you for the trip will have insurance of their own. We also encourage Travel insurance for our trekkers. Our treks and trip have been so designed that you only walk an appropriate distance. In any case of emergency, you will always have our back.
Responsible and Eco-Friendly
MyEverestTrip operates with the belief in responsible tourism. This includes
- We are transparent about the services covered on the trip. There shall be no hidden cost (informed in advance if there’s any)
- We cover all the places that have been promised before the trek (the trend of skipping places once you book the package has to be discouraged).
- All our guides and porter are above 18yrs. We highly discourage child labor in the tourism industry
- We do not leave any wastage behind on the trekking routes. We either dispose of the waste appropriately or carry them back with us and send it to the municipality
- We do not engage in any activities that affect the people in the trek places of Nepal we stay.
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Sleeping bag rated to 0 degrees (3/4 season)
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Head lamp (eg Petzl) spare bulbs & batteries
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- Small padlock to lock trek bag
- Underwear (4)
- Basic First Aid Kit (see First Aid Medicine below)
- Waterproof shell jacket (preferably breathable fabric)
- Plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Shorts (2)
- Daypack (35-40 litres/2500-3000 cubic inches)
- Lightweight cotton long trousers/pants
- Camping mattress, eg thermarest pad
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Water bottles (2)
- Sun hat or scarf
- Warm fleece hat or light balaclava
- Small wash towel
- T-shirts (2)
- Footwear appropriate to the trip
- Thin, lightweight (inner socks) (4)
- Waterproof shell trousers/pants (preferably breathable fabric)
- Airport/hotel pick up and drop off by private car
- At least two nights 3 star hotel in Kathmandu Bed and Breakfast plan
- Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in whole trekking
- Local bus / Jeep up to your request
- Trekking map
- An experienced government license holder guide
- Trekking porter/Sherpa who will carry your bags during the trekking
- Insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits
- Travel and rescue arrangement
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- All government taxes and tourist service charge
What's not included
- Meals in Kathmandu before and after trekking
- Your travel insurance ( Rescue )
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver
- Drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc
- Personal trekking equipments
Choose a Private Trip
If you already know who you would like to take your adventure with and would prefer to enjoy your ‘My Everest Trip’ experience with your own group of friends, then we’ve got good news! All of our trips are also available as private adventures! Our private adventure specialists are on hand to give you a quote or talk you through some of the different options that we offer.
So feel free to give us a call on +977 9851069558 or Email us at [email protected]
If you have already travelled with us and want to share your story and experiences to the world please send us your experiences by cliking the button below:
Experience the Ultimate Himalayan Adventure with MyEverestTrip – Your Reliable and Eco-Friendly Tour Company in Nepal
Looking to embark on the ultimate Himalayan adventure? Look no further than MyEverestTrip – the most reliable, eco-friendly, and experienced tour company in Nepal. Our seasoned guides offer a wide range of adventures across Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet, including mountain trekking and peak climbing, jungle safaris, sightseeing, bungee jumping, cycling, and paragliding.
Not only do we offer exciting adventures, but we also prioritize sustainability and minimizing our environmental impact. We strive to create unforgettable experiences for our clients while also preserving the beauty and biodiversity of the regions we explore.
Don’t miss out on the adventure of a lifetime – choose MyEverestTrip as your ultimate adventure partner. To learn more about our offerings and how to book your next trip with us, click the link below.
FAQs for Trekking in Nepal
If you’re planning to go trekking in Nepal, here are some frequently asked questions to help you prepare for your adventure.
When is the best time to go trekking in Nepal?
The best time to go trekking in Nepal is between September to November and March to May, when the weather is clear, and the sky is blue. The monsoon season from June to August is the least ideal time due to heavy rainfall and the possibility of landslides.
Is trekking in Nepal difficult?
The level of difficulty varies depending on which trek you choose, but trekking in Nepal can be physically demanding and mentally challenging. It’s essential to do proper training and select a route that matches your skill level. Trekking at higher altitudes may lead to altitude sickness, so it’s crucial to acclimatize properly and take precautions.
How safe is trekking in Nepal?
Trekking in Nepal is a safe adventure if you take proper precautions and follow safety guidelines. Some treks are safe to do without a guide, but it’s recommended to have experienced guides, especially for high-altitude treks above 4,000 meters. Health hazards like altitude and weather changes can make trekking dangerous, but following safety procedures can minimize the risks.
Can I trek in Nepal without a guide?
It’s possible to trek in Nepal without a guide, but it’s recommended to hire a guide or porter, especially if you are a first-time trekker. The guide can help you navigate the trails, communicate with locals, and assist you with any emergencies that may arise during your trek. They provide valuable insights into local culture, customs, and even help carry your belongings.
Hopefully, these FAQs have provided some clarity and helped you plan your trekking adventure in Nepal with more confidence.
Reasons to Choose Us:
- A 70% Repeat Customer rate speaks to our commitment to delivering unforgettable experiences each and every time.
- Guaranteed Departures give peace of mind when it comes to planning and booking your adventure.
- Our team of Destination Experts are experienced and knowledgeable about the regions we explore.
- Competitive Prices ensure our clients receive the best value for their money.
- With a 99% Success Rate, you can trust us to deliver on our promise of an amazing adventure.
Places of attractions, travel tips, news and more.Recent From Our Blog
Top 5 Nepal Trekking Packages in the Himalayas
Himalayan trekkers a thrilling adventure amidst stunning scenery and cultural immersion in the Himalayas? Look no further than our top 5 trekking packages in the Himalayas handpicked for April 2023! With stable weather conditions, clear skies, and blooming rhododendron forests, April is the ultimate time to explore Nepal’s breathtaking landscapes. Our expertly curated trekking packages…
Major Highlights of Langtang Valley Trek
Know about the major Highlights of Langtang Valley Trekking before you book your trip. This article gives you an overview of the Langtang trekking route, including difficulty level, the best time for the Trek, walking hours, packing lists, permits, and guide porter services. Let’s imagine a place that has a great mountain range in the…
Nepal Trekking Packages for 2023
If you plan to trek in Nepal soon and want to know about the top Nepal trekking packages for 2023, this post is for your comfort.