Lower Dolpa Trek
Lower Dolpo is another perfect destination for trekking in Nepal. It is located in the remote mid-western region of Nepal. It often overshadowed due to its difficult topography. The traces of vehicles are rare as no road connection has been able to connect Dolpa. Trekkers were introduced with this trekking route in the late 1980’s. Since then trekkers from many places come Dolpo region to explore the untouched Himalayan culture and exclusive human civilization of high altitude. This place also protects Bon religions of traditional Tibetan culture.
The major attraction of Lower Dolpo Trek is Shey Phoksundu National Park and the sacred Shey Phoksundo Lake. Shey Phoksundo National park is the largest and only trans-Himalayan national park in Nepal which is the habitat for many endangered birds and animals. Shey Phoksunda Lake is also the deepest and second largest lake of Nepal. The spectacular turquoise lake makes it look as if it is a huge gem in the earth.
The landscapes, flora and fauna, mountain views, rivers, water springs, flat roofed houses, chotens, monasteries and beautiful lakes are the other main attractions of this trek.
During your trek
After the Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trek preparation, we fly to Nepaljung and then take another flight from Nepaljung to Jhupal, where we begin our trek. We trek continuously from Jhupal to Shey-Phoksundo National Park before joining ancient Nepal Tibet trade routes and enjoy the view of lower Dolpa valley. In Shey Phoksundo National park you can see a great example of the well-preserved ecosystem of plant and wildlife. During the trek you can view the snowy peaks of the Kanjoroba and Dhaulagiri range before we reach the majestic and crystal clear blue Shey Phoksundo Lake.
Group or private
The Lower Dolpo Trek is one of the most popular destinations for trekking in Nepal. We operate this trek in both group and private treks. A Customized itinerary with personalized travel and accommodation is also available on request.
Would you like to go to Annapurna Circuit Trek? Please take a look at the Annapurna Circuit Trek.
- Airport/hotel pick up and drop off by private car
- At least two nights 3 star hotel in Kathmandu Bed and Breakfast plan
- Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in whole trekking
- Fly from Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Jhuphal – Nepalgunj and then to Kathmandu
- Trekking map
- An experienced government license holder guide
- Trekking porter/Sherpa who will carry your bags during the trekking
- Insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits
- Travel and rescue arrangement
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- All government taxes and tourist service charge
What's not included
- Meals in Kathmandu before and after trekking, allowing US$ 15 – US$ 20 per day
- Your travel insurance ( Rescue )
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver
- Drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc
- Personal trekking equipments
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Sleeping bag rated to 0 degrees (3/4 season)
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Head lamp (eg Petzl) spare bulbs & batteries
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- Small padlock to lock trek bag
- Underwear (4)
- Basic First Aid Kit (see First Aid Medicine below)
- Waterproof shell jacket (preferably breathable fabric)
- Plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Shorts (2)
- Daypack (35-40 litres/2500-3000 cubic inches)
- Lightweight cotton long trousers/pants
- Camping mattress, eg thermarest pad
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Water bottles (2)
- Sun hat or scarf
- Warm fleece hat or light balaclava
- Small wash towel
- T-shirts (2)
- Footwear appropriate to the trip
- Thin, lightweight (inner socks) (4)
- Waterproof shell trousers/pants (preferably breathable fabric)
Join Our Fixed Departures
There are no fixed departure dates available for this trip you can choose your own dates.
Choose a Private Trip
If you already know who you would like to take your adventure with and would prefer to enjoy your ‘My Everest Trip’ experience with your own group of friends, then we’ve got good news! All of our trips are also available as private adventures! Our private adventure specialists are on hand to give you a quote or talk you through some of the different options that we offer.
So feel free to give us a call on +977 9851069558 or Email us at [email protected]
If you have already travelled with us and want to share your story and experiences to the world please send us your experiences by cliking the button below:
We are your ultimate adventure partner.
My Everest Trip is a reliable, Eco-friendly and experienced tour company in Nepal – so if you’re looking for the ultimate Himalayan adventure, you’ve come to the right place. Our seasoned guides offer mountain trekking and peak climbing across Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet – as well as a myriad of jungle safaris, sightseeing, bungee jumping, cycling, and paragliding packages. So to learn more about us click below and choose us as your ultimate adventure partner! Learn More About Us
Why Book With Us
- 85% Repeat Customers
- Guaranteed Departures
- Team of destinations Experts
- Competitive Prices
- 99% Success Rate
Places of attractions, travel tips, news and more.Recent From Our Blog
To traverse the Himalayas is a blissful journey and Mardi Himal Trek provides you an opportunity to gain this experience. Amongst many treks in Nepal, the Mardi Himal Trek stands out with its incomparable beauty and is becoming more popular by the day. Mardi Himal Trek takes you to the heart of the Annapurna region….
Everest is the world’s highest mountain peak. Famous across the world for the achievement it offers those who manage its summit; it is the ultimate item on any trekkers bucket list. So here at My Everest Trekking we offer a number of Everest Trekking Packages to give you the flexibility to make this dream possible….
Located in Midwest Nepal in Gorkha district, Manaslu is the 8th highest mountain in the world. The major attractions of doing treks around the mountain are the beautiful and pristine trails and the wonderful villages on the way. With a variety of treks available here, options to view majestic mountains like Manaslu and Ganesh seem…