Lower Dolpo Trek
The Lower Dolpo Trek is often overshadowed due to its difficult topography. However if adventure, staying away from the beaten trek, and unhidden gems, are what you are looking for, then look no further!
Located in the remote mid-western region of Nepal, the traces of vehicles here are rare as no road connection has yet been able to connect Dolpa. In fact, trekkers were only introduced to this trekking route in the late 1980’s. Ever since then, it has been on the bucket list for hardcore trekkers, who come to the Dolpo region to explore the untouched Himalayan culture and exclusive human civilization of this high altitude.
This Dolpo region protects the Bon religions of traditional Tibetan culture, so trekking here allows you to witness a wildly different way of life. As well as culture, you will also experience incredible flora and fauna, as you scale the mountains of the regin, and visit the Shey Phoksundu National Park – the largest and only trans-Himalayan national park in Nepal. Here you will see a multitude of endangered animals and birds, along with one of the best examples of a well-preserved ecosystem of plant and wildlife on the planet.
You will also visit the sacred Shey Phoksundo Lake: the deepest and second largest lake of Nepal. This beautiful turquoise lake is a true highlight of a journey peppered with magnificent landscapes, mountain views, rivers, water springs, flat roofed houses, chotens, and monasteries. Not to mention the snowy peaks of the Kanjoroba and Dhaulagiri range, and spectacular views of the lower Dolpa valley.
We operate The Lower Dolpo Trek in both groups and private tours, and as with all of our treks, offer a fully customizable itinerary, with personalized travel and accommodation plans available upon request. So if you want to know any more about the itinerary options, trek cost, trek difficulty, or anything else at all, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a friendly member of our team. Or, if you would like to read about what it’s like to experience this adventure, then check our Lower Dolpo Trek Blog.
- Airport/hotel pick up and drop off by private car
- At least two nights 3 star hotel in Kathmandu Bed and Breakfast plan
- Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in whole trekking
- Fly from Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Jhuphal – Nepalgunj and then to Kathmandu
- Trekking map
- An experienced government license holder guide
- Trekking porter/Sherpa who will carry your bags during the trekking
- Insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits
- Travel and rescue arrangement
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- All government taxes and tourist service charge
What's not included
- Meals in Kathmandu before and after trekking, allowing US$ 15 – US$ 20 per day
- Your travel insurance ( Rescue )
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver
- Drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc
- Personal trekking equipments
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Sleeping bag rated to 0 degrees (3/4 season)
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Head lamp (eg Petzl) spare bulbs & batteries
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- Small padlock to lock trek bag
- Underwear (4)
- Basic First Aid Kit (see First Aid Medicine below)
- Waterproof shell jacket (preferably breathable fabric)
- Plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Shorts (2)
- Daypack (35-40 litres/2500-3000 cubic inches)
- Lightweight cotton long trousers/pants
- Camping mattress, eg thermarest pad
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Water bottles (2)
- Sun hat or scarf
- Warm fleece hat or light balaclava
- Small wash towel
- T-shirts (2)
- Footwear appropriate to the trip
- Thin, lightweight (inner socks) (4)
- Waterproof shell trousers/pants (preferably breathable fabric)
Join Our Fixed Departures
There are no fixed departure dates available for this trip you can choose your own dates.
Choose a Private Trip
If you already know who you would like to take your adventure with and would prefer to enjoy your ‘My Everest Trip’ experience with your own group of friends, then we’ve got good news! All of our trips are also available as private adventures! Our private adventure specialists are on hand to give you a quote or talk you through some of the different options that we offer.
So feel free to give us a call on +977 9851069558 or Email us at [email protected]
If you have already travelled with us and want to share your story and experiences to the world please send us your experiences by cliking the button below:
We are your ultimate adventure partner.
My Everest Trip is a reliable, Eco-friendly and experienced tour company in Nepal – so if you’re looking for the ultimate Himalayan adventure, you’ve come to the right place. Our seasoned guides offer mountain trekking and peak climbing across Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet – as well as a myriad of jungle safaris, sightseeing, bungee jumping, cycling, and paragliding packages. So to learn more about us click below and choose us as your ultimate adventure partner! Learn More About Us
Why Book With Us
- 85% Repeat Customers
- Guaranteed Departures
- Team of destinations Experts
- Competitive Prices
- 99% Success Rate
Places of attractions, travel tips, news and more.Recent From Our Blog
Upper Mustang Trek Nepal possesses natural wonders that a person simply cannot ignore. From the tallest mountains to the deepest gorges, Nepal is composed of a diverse set of landscapes. Similar factors contribute to Nepal being trekker’s paradise. There are hundreds of places that provide stunning journeys amidst nature. One of the hundreds is Upper…
To traverse the Himalayas is a blissful journey and Mardi Himal Trek provides you an opportunity to gain this experience. Amongst many treks in Nepal, the Mardi Himal Trek stands out with its incomparable beauty and is becoming more popular by the day. Mardi Himal Trek takes you to the heart of the Annapurna region….
Everest is the world’s highest mountain peak. Famous across the world for the achievement it offers those who manage its summit; it is the ultimate item on any trekkers bucket list. So here at My Everest Trekking we offer a number of Everest Trekking Packages to give you the flexibility to make this dream possible….