The Royal Trek is undoubtedly the easiest and the shortest trek in the Annapurna Region – so it is ideal for any beginners starting out on their trekking journey.
The Royal Trek received its name in 1980 when Prince Charles of Wales, future King of England, embarked on this trail. And with spectacular views of mountains such as The Annapurna (8,091m), Machapuchhare (6,993m), and The Langtang range, this trek truly lives up to its royal name.
However, it is not just magnificent mountains that will keep you enthralled on this journey, as it is also perfect for people who want to experience local village life, as well as the spiritual culture rooted in the region. With stopovers in local settlements, visits to hidden monasteries, and insights from local guides, this trek will give you a true taste of authentic Nepal.
For those without the time for a long and strenuous trek, this short but fulfilling route begins in Pokhara (200km west from Kathmandu). You will then walk through communities and vividly built hillside rice field terraces until you reach Kalikasthan (1370m). From here you will follow the trail along the ridge of the mountain to reach Syaklung (1730m), Chisapani (1550m), and then back to Pokhara. We suggest that the best time to enjoy The Royal Trek is in the Nepali Autumn (From September through to December) and in the Winter (December through to February).
This trek is available as a private or group trek, and as with all of our packages, is fully customizable, with a personalized travel and accommodation plan available upon request. So if you want to know any more about the itinerary options, trek cost, trek difficulty, or anything else at all, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a friendly member of our team. Or, if you would like to read about what it’s like to experience this adventure, then check our Royal Trek Blog.
And don’t forget – if you like the sound of this trek, but it isn’t quite what you had in mind, then why not check out one of the other treks from our wide range, like the Annapurna khopra Ridge Trek. Or get in touch – and we help you to find your perfect Everest Trekking Package!
Day 1:Arrival in Kathmandu
On arrival, you will land at Kathmandu airport, where our friendly team will greet you and take you to your hotel. Depending on what time you arrive, you are free to take a rest, or if you are itching to start exploring, you can spend the rest of the day soaking up the atmosphere of the Capital. You will then have dinner and an overnight stay in a highly recommended hotel in the city center. Dinner and overnight stay at a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
Day 2: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
After a welcoming breakfast, today you will have the opportunity to see some of Kathmandu’s most famous UNESCO-listed world heritage sights, including Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, and Swayambhunath. Once you return you will meet your guide and begin preparation for your trek. Breakfast and overnight stay at a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
Day3: Kathmandu drive tourist bus to Pokhara
Today we take a 6-7 hour tourist bus. On the bus, driving through the hills and local villages is a truly exciting way to begin your adventure in Nepal and see what the country has to offer. Then once we arrive in Pokhara, you are free to explore its beautiful lake and enjoy the wonderful bars and restaurants that surround it. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and overnight stay at 3-star hotel in Pokhara
Day 4: Pokhara to Kalikasthan
Today we finally begin our trek! After a lovely breakfast, we can wave goodbye to Pokhara and drive for an hour to Bijayapur Khola to begin the 4-5 hour walk. The trek begins flat, passing through paddy fields and crossing a river. It then starts to ascend as we head towards Kalikasthan where we can explore and rest for the night. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner with an overnight stay in a teahouse
Day 5: Kalikasthan to Syaklung
Today is our first insight into rural Nepali life as we begin the day by walking through a number of traditional villages. After taking in some of the local cultures, we continue along the ridge of a mountain which allows us to see views of both the Lamjung Hima and Annapurna. We then pass through forests filled with rhododendrons before stopping for the night is Syaklung. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner with an overnight stay in a teahouse
Day 6:Syaklung to Chisapani
Today is full of ups and downs. We start with a trip through the Gurung Village – a chance to interact with the Gurung community and experience their life up in the mountains. We then continue through more rhododendron forests and walk under the shade of Sal trees, before the walk begins to increase in difficulty. We have a 400m descent, before embarking on a 600m ascent to reach the resting point for the night, Chisapani. The climb will be worth it however when we reach the best viewing point to observe the Himalayan panorama. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner with an overnight stay in a teahouse
Day 7: Chisapani to Pokhara
Today is the last day of our trek. It begins with a downhill descent to Tpatal and then sharply inclines to Sundare Danada. From here it’s only a short walk, and a pleasant boat ride, to return to Pokhara. Here you can reflect on your accomplishments and take a well-deserved rest in Pokhara’s beautiful surroundings. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner with an overnight stay in a teahouse
Day 8: Pokhara drive tourist bus to Kathmandu
It’s time to wave goodbye to the beautiful city of Pokhara and drive back to Kathmandu. On arrival, you are free to spend the rest of your day enjoying the excitement of the Capital – either taking rest or exploring the city nightlife for the final night of your trip. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and overnight stay at a 3-star hotel
Day 09: Final Departure
It’s time to fly home! Say goodbye to Nepal and your fellow trekkers! A member of our friendly team will take you to the airport. Breakfast.
- Airport/hotel pick up and drop off by private car
- At least two nights 3-star hotel in Kathmandu bed and Breakfast plan
- Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in whole trekking
- Domestic flights (KTM-Lukla-KTM) with all surcharges airport taxes for guests and guide
- Trekking map
- An experienced Government license holder guide
- Trekking porter/Sherpa who will carry your bags during the trekking
- Insurance, salary, equipment, transportation, local tax for guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits
- Travel and rescue arrangement
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- All government taxes and tourist service charge
What's not included
- Meals in Kathmandu before and after trekking, allowing US$ 15 – US$ 20 per day
- Your travel insurance ( Rescue )
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver
- Drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc
- Personal trekking equipment
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Sleeping bag rated to 0 degrees (3/4 season)
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Head lamp (eg Petzl) spare bulbs & batteries
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- Small padlock to lock trek bag
- Underwear (4)
- Basic First Aid Kit (see First Aid Medicine below)
- Waterproof shell jacket (preferably breathable fabric)
- Plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Shorts (2)
- Daypack (35-40 litres/2500-3000 cubic inches)
- Lightweight cotton long trousers/pants
- Camping mattress, eg thermarest pad
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Water bottles (2)
- Sun hat or scarf
- Warm fleece hat or light balaclava
- Small wash towel
- T-shirts (2)
- Footwear appropriate to the trip
- Thin, lightweight (inner socks) (4)
- Waterproof shell trousers/pants (preferably breathable fabric)
Join Our Fixed Departures
There are no fixed departure dates available for this trip you can choose your own dates.
Choose a Private Trip
If you already know who you would like to take your adventure with and would prefer to enjoy your ‘My Everest Trip’ experience with your own group of friends, then we’ve got good news! All of our trips are also available as private adventures! Our private adventure specialists are on hand to give you a quote or talk you through some of the different options that we offer.
So feel free to give us a call on +977 9851069558 or Email us at [email protected]
If you have already travelled with us and want to share your story and experiences to the world please send us your experiences by cliking the button below:
Highlights of Royal Trek
- Complete Spectacular Annapurna (8,091m) and Machhapuchhre (Fish Tail) 6,993m
- Rhododendron backwoods (Nepal national blossom)
- Most noteworthy access of trek Chisapani 1,520m
- Aryan, Gurung and Magar Culture
- Excellent Gurung Community town
- Audacious most elevated Point Highest Access of Trek: Chisapani 1,520m
- Learn Nepali way of life, culture, people, Mountain view, landscape, festival
We are your ultimate adventure partner.
My Everest Trip is a reliable, Eco-friendly and experienced tour company in Nepal – so if you’re looking for the ultimate Himalayan adventure, you’ve come to the right place. Our seasoned guides offer mountain trekking and peak climbing across Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet – as well as a myriad of jungle safaris, sightseeing, bungee jumping, cycling, and paragliding packages. So to learn more about us click below and choose us as your ultimate adventure partner! Learn More About Us
Why Book With Us
- 85% Repeat Customers
- Guaranteed Departures
- Team of destinations Experts
- Competitive Prices
- 99% Success Rate
Places of attractions, travel tips, news and more.Recent From Our Blog
We offer Verities of treks in Nepal at the same time, We have 5 best treks in Nepal like Everest Base Camp, Annapurna Trek, Langtang, and Mardi Himal Treks
Everest Base Camp Trek is a well-known trek in Nepal. In real existence, everyone has a dream to touch Mt. Everest once upon the life time Experience.
Adventure and interest, visitors can go for trekking culture program, wildlife/ birdwatching, village visit, mountain biking popular in Upper mustang route pony rides, etc.