The Royal Trek is the easiest and the shortest trek in the Annapurna Region. This treks offers magnificent views of mountains like Annapurna (8,091m), Machapuchhare (6,993m) and the Langtang range and also a chance of exploring the lifestyle and culture of the village people. The Royal Trek got its name in 1980 when Prince Charles of Wales walked this trail. This trek is perfect for people who want to experience village life and be close to the mountains but do not have enough time for long and strenuous trek.
The best time for The Royal Trek is in Autumn (September to December) and in Winter (December to February).
During your trek
The trek starts in Pokhara (200km west from Kathmandu). We walk through communities and terraced rice fields until we reach Kalikasthan (1370m). From Kalikasthan we have to follow the trail along the ridge of the mountain to reach Syaklung (1730m), Chisapani (1550m) and back to Pokhara. During the trek, we are able to enjoy stunning views of the vividly built hillside rice terraces, the elegant Annapurna range, Machapurchhr and the Langtang range views, while experiencing the lifestyle and culture of the local village people.
Group or private
The Royal Trek is one of the shortest and easiest trekking options in Nepal and we operate this trek both in groups and private treks. A Customized itinerary with a personalized travel and accommodation plan is also available on request.
Would you like to go on the Annapurna Short Trek? Please take a look at the Annapurna Short Trek.
|01||Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft) than picked up from airport to Hotel||O/N at 3 star Hotel (A,D)|
|02||Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation||8||O/N at 3 star Hotel (A.B)|
|03||Drive Pokhara [823m/2,700ft]||6 -7||O/N at Tea House (A,B,L,D)|
|04||Pokhara to Kalikasthan [1,370m/4,496ft]||1 hr (Drive)|
4-5 hr Trek
|O/N at Tea House (A,B,L,D)|
|05||Kalikasthan to Syaklung [1,730m/5,675ft]||4 – 5||O/N at Tea House (A,B,L,D)|
|06||Syaklung to Chisapani [1550m/5,084ft]||5 – 6||O/N at Tea House (A,B,L,D)|
|07||Chisapani to Pokhara||5 – 6||O/N at 3 Star Hotel (A,B,L,D)|
|08||Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu||6 – 7 (Drive)||O/N at 3 Star Hotel ( A,B ,D)|
|09||Final Departure||4 – 5||(B)|
- Airport/hotel pick up and drop off by private car
- At least two nights 3 star hotel in Kathmandu Bed and Breakfast plan
- Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in whole trekking
- Domestic flights (KTM-Lukla-KTM) with all surcharges airport taxes for guests and guide
- Trekking map
- An experienced government license holder guide
- Trekking porter/Sherpa who will carry your bags during the trekking
- Insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits
- Travel and rescue arrangement
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- All government taxes and tourist service charge
What's not included
- Meals in Kathmandu before and after trekking, allowing US$ 15 – US$ 20 per day
- Your travel insurance ( Rescue )
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver
- Drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc
- Personal trekking equipments
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Sleeping bag rated to 0 degrees (3/4 season)
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Head lamp (eg Petzl) spare bulbs & batteries
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- Small padlock to lock trek bag
- Underwear (4)
- Basic First Aid Kit (see First Aid Medicine below)
- Waterproof shell jacket (preferably breathable fabric)
- Plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Shorts (2)
- Daypack (35-40 litres/2500-3000 cubic inches)
- Lightweight cotton long trousers/pants
- Camping mattress, eg thermarest pad
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Water bottles (2)
- Sun hat or scarf
- Warm fleece hat or light balaclava
- Small wash towel
- T-shirts (2)
- Footwear appropriate to the trip
- Thin, lightweight (inner socks) (4)
- Waterproof shell trousers/pants (preferably breathable fabric)
Join Our Fixed Departures
There are no fixed departure dates available for this trip you can choose your own dates.
Choose a Private Trip
If you already know who you would like to take your adventure with and would prefer to enjoy your ‘My Everest Trip’ experience with your own group of friends, then we’ve got good news! All of our trips are also available as private adventures! Our private adventure specialists are on hand to give you a quote or talk you through some of the different options that we offer.
So feel free to give us a call on +977 9851069558 or Email us at [email protected]
If you have already travelled with us and want to share your story and experiences to the world please send us your experiences by cliking the button below:
We are your ultimate adventure partner.
My Everest Trip is a reliable, Eco-friendly and experienced tour company in Nepal – so if you’re looking for the ultimate Himalayan adventure, you’ve come to the right place. Our seasoned guides offer mountain trekking and peak climbing across Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet – as well as a myriad of jungle safaris, sightseeing, bungee jumping, cycling, and paragliding packages. So to learn more about us click below and choose us as your ultimate adventure partner! Learn More About Us
Why Book With Us
- 85% Repeat Customers
- Guaranteed Departures
- Team of destinations Experts
- Competitive Prices
- 99% Success Rate
Places of attractions, travel tips, news and more.Recent From Our Blog
To traverse the Himalayas is a blissful journey and Mardi Himal Trek provides you an opportunity to gain this experience. Amongst many treks in Nepal, the Mardi Himal Trek stands out with its incomparable beauty and is becoming more popular by the day. Mardi Himal Trek takes you to the heart of the Annapurna region….
Everest is the world’s highest mountain peak. Famous across the world for the achievement it offers those who manage its summit; it is the ultimate item on any trekkers bucket list. So here at My Everest Trekking we offer a number of Everest Trekking Packages to give you the flexibility to make this dream possible….
Located in Midwest Nepal in Gorkha district, Manaslu is the 8th highest mountain in the world. The major attractions of doing treks around the mountain are the beautiful and pristine trails and the wonderful villages on the way. With a variety of treks available here, options to view majestic mountains like Manaslu and Ganesh seem…