Tibet Lhasa City Tour
Tibet Lhasa City Tour Highlights
- Lhasa city tour
- The Potala Palace
- Jokhang Temple
- Norbulingka Summer Palace
- Sera Monastery which is one of the biggest monasteries of the Yellow sect in Tibet
- Drepung Monastery is considered the largest monastery of the Gelugpa sect in Lhasa.
Tibet Lhasa City Tour
Tibet Lhasa city tour is known for its rich cultural and economic setting. Lhasa is not only the capital city of Tibet but also a holy land of Buddhism and the kingdom of the first Tibetan emperor, Songtsen Gampo. It is located on the bank of the Kyichu River at an altitude of 3,650m from sea level. The term “Lhasa” stands for “Place of the Gods” in Tibetan and is also the residence of the Dalai Lama. Lhasa has preserved some excellent untold history, Buddhist scriptures, arts, and crafts dating back more than 1300 years in the history of Tibet.
These four days Tibet Lhasa City tour is one of the famous tour packages to explore the Holy City of Lhasa that will give you an idea about the city in a short time. Lhasa city tour is an exciting tour of the Tibetan city that covers world-famous monuments and monasteries, world heritage sites of Tibet, and natural and cultural beauties. The tour takes you to visit all three UNESCO -listed world heritage sites, including The Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, and Norbulingka Summer Palace. Other famous tourist attraction covers Sera Monastery, one of the biggest monasteries of the Yellow sect in Tibet, and Drepung Monastery, considered the largest monastery of the Gelugpa sect in Lhasa. Being a small yet established town, the Lhasa city tour covers the best tourist destinations of Lhasa, making it a short yet refreshing and memorable trip.
Why Tibet Lhasa City Tour
There are several reasons why a Tibet Lhasa city tour is a popular choice for travelers. Here are some of the main reasons:
- Cultural and Spiritual Significance: Lhasa is the cultural and spiritual heart of Tibet, home to many significant religious sites and landmarks. It is the residence of the Dalai Lama and the location of the iconic Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, and other monasteries. Exploring these sites offers a deep insight into Tibetan Buddhism and its rich cultural heritage.
- Potala Palace: The Potala Palace is one of the most iconic landmarks in Tibet and a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is a magnificent palace complex that was once the winter residence of the Dalai Lama. The palace showcases stunning Tibetan architecture, intricate artwork, and valuable religious artifacts.
- Jokhang Temple: Located in the heart of Lhasa, Jokhang Temple is the holiest site in Tibetan Buddhism. It attracts pilgrims from all over Tibet and showcases a vibrant and active religious atmosphere. The temple houses numerous statues, sacred relics, and religious artifacts.
- Barkhor Street: Surrounding the Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street is a bustling marketplace where visitors can experience the vibrant local culture. It is a great place to shop for traditional Tibetan handicrafts, and religious items, and taste local Tibetan cuisine.
- Tibetan Traditional Medicine: Lhasa is home to the renowned Tibetan Traditional Medicine Hospital, where visitors can learn about the ancient Tibetan medical system and its practices. It offers a unique opportunity to explore Tibetan medicine, its philosophy, and herbal remedies.
- Authentic Tibetan Experience: Lhasa provides a genuine Tibetan experience with its distinct architecture, traditional Tibetan neighborhoods, and friendly local people. Exploring the city allows travelers to immerse themselves in Tibetan culture, witness traditional ceremonies, and interact with the local community.
- Gateway to Further Exploration: Lhasa serves as a gateway to further exploration of the stunning landscapes and other significant sites in Tibet. From Lhasa, travelers can embark on various tours to visit destinations like Everest Base Camp, Namtso Lake, Yamdrok Lake, and more.
Tibet Lhasa city tour offers a unique opportunity to delve into the cultural, religious, and historical aspects of Tibet, providing an enriching and memorable travel experience.
My Everest Trip is one of the best and most trusted Travel and Tourism companies based in Kathmandu, running successfully numerous groups in Nepal and Tibet. We ensure your Tibet Lhasa city tour is incredible and memorable. We also take responsibility for providing you with all kinds of permits required to visit tourist sites in the chosen package. We ensure you have the best transportation facilities and accommodation during your trip.
Day 01: Fly from Kathmandu – Nepal, to Lhasa – Tibet, China | O/N at 3 Star Hotel (A, D)
We catch a flight to Lhasa, Tibet, from Tribhuvan International Airport. Relishing the scenic view throughout the flight, we arrive at Lhasa. We meet with our local guide and take a two-hour drive to Lhasa, moving alongside the Yarlung Tsangpo and the Lhasa Kyichu River. We check into a 3-star hotel in Lhasa for an overnight stay.
Day 02: AM: Potala Palace PM: Sera Monastery and Norbulingka |O/N at 3 Star Hotel (A, B)
Today we visit the Potala Palace in the morning. It is the winter palace of the Dalai Lama which was built in the 7th century by the Tibetan King Songtsen Gampo and later redesigned by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. After visiting Potala Palace, we head towards our next destination Sera Monastery and Norbulingka which lies 5km north of Lhasa city. Overnight at the 3-star Hotel.
Day 03: AM: Drepung Monastery PM: Jokhang Temple and Barkhor market |O/N at 3 Star Hotel (A, B)
Today we take an early morning visit to Drepung Monastery, which is considered to be the largest monastery of the Gelugpa sect in Lhasa built-in 1416 by Jamyang Choge. After a visit to Drepung Monastery, we head towards Jokhang Temple built by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century. We also take a visit to the Barkhor market, surrounding the Jokhang Temple. You can do Kora with pilgrims and locals. Overnight at the same hotel.
Day 04: Fly back to Kathmandu | O/N at 3 Star Hotel (A, B, D)
We take a scenic flight back to Kathmandu from Lhasa. Upon arriving at Kathmandu, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Kathmandu for an overnight stay.
MyEverestTrip is a Nepalese Travel and Trekking Agency based in Kathmandu. We have been operating in different trekking regions for more than a decade, traveling with hundreds of trekkers and travelers all around the world.
With the pure intention to bring trekkers to Nepal’s safety and comfort, we have an entire team of travel planer, guides, and porters. We also have connections to hotels and restaurant lines all over Nepal for ensuring that our trekkers get the best possible facilities.
So, here is the reason why you should travel with MyEverestTrip.
Customize your itinerary:
We have designed a well-planned Itinerary for all travel destinations around Nepal. However, this Itinerary is customizable as per the need and requests of our trekkers. Just let us know when and how long you are staying so that we can arrange the rest.
Our Expert guide:
Although all travel agency claims to have a good guide, many of them are not informed about the place you are traveling to. However, MyEverestTrip has its own licensed guide in Nepal. They have been working in this field for over three decades, collecting all the information about the place/ culture, and learning to keep the travelers safe. Also, our guide is good at the English language. Upon special request, we can even hire a guide who can speak Chinese and other European languages for trekking in Nepal.
Fair and reasonable Cost:
MyEverestTrip has been known for its very economic trek packages in Nepal. You can compare the price we offer with any other travel agency in Nepal and only book with us if you are satisfied with our cost. We try to include all needed expenses during the tour so that you will not be overwhelmed with hidden expenses after the packages are booked.
Your safety is our priority:
Obviously, the safety of our trekkers and our team is the utmost priority of MyEverestTrip. Our guide and porters who shall accompany you for the trip will have insurance of their own. We also encourage Travel insurance for our trekkers. Our treks and trip have been so designed that you only walk an appropriate distance. In any case of emergency, you will always have our back.
Responsible and Eco-Friendly
MyEverestTrip operates with the belief in responsible tourism. This includes
- We are transparent about the services covered on the trip. There shall be no hidden cost (informed in advance if there’s any)
- We cover all the places that have been promised before the trek (the trend of skipping places once you book the package has to be discouraged).
- All our guides and porter are above 18yrs. We highly discourage child labor in the tourism industry
- We do not leave any wastage behind on the trekking routes. We either dispose of the waste appropriately or carry them back with us and send it to the municipality
- We do not engage in any activities that affect the people in the trek places of Nepal we stay.
- China/ Tibet Visa Fee
- Airport Pickup/ drop service
- Hotel Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Daily Breakfast
- Private Transportation by jeep/van as per the group size
- Necessary Tibet Travel Permit
- Sightseeing and Entrance fee as per the itinerary
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- All the Government and local taxes.
What's not included
- Lunch and Dinner.
- Insurance of any kind.
- Personal expenses like beverage, mineral water, and tips.
- Natural and political disturbance and unforeseen circumstances.
Choose a Private Trip
If you already know who you would like to take your adventure with and would prefer to enjoy your ‘My Everest Trip’ experience with your own group of friends, then we’ve got good news! All of our trips are also available as private adventures! Our private adventure specialists are on hand to give you a quote or talk you through some of the different options that we offer.
So feel free to give us a call on +977 9851069558 or Email us at [email protected]
If you have already travelled with us and want to share your story and experiences to the world please send us your experiences by cliking the button below:
Experience the Ultimate Himalayan Adventure with MyEverestTrip – Your Reliable and Eco-Friendly Tour Company in Nepal
Looking to embark on the ultimate Himalayan adventure? Look no further than MyEverestTrip – the most reliable, eco-friendly, and experienced tour company in Nepal. Our seasoned guides offer a wide range of adventures across Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet, including mountain trekking and peak climbing, jungle safaris, sightseeing, bungee jumping, cycling, and paragliding.
Not only do we offer exciting adventures, but we also prioritize sustainability and minimizing our environmental impact. We strive to create unforgettable experiences for our clients while also preserving the beauty and biodiversity of the regions we explore.
Don’t miss out on the adventure of a lifetime – choose MyEverestTrip as your ultimate adventure partner. To learn more about our offerings and how to book your next trip with us, click the link below.
FAQs for Trekking in Nepal
If you’re planning to go trekking in Nepal, here are some frequently asked questions to help you prepare for your adventure.
When is the best time to go trekking in Nepal?
The best time to go trekking in Nepal is between September to November and March to May, when the weather is clear, and the sky is blue. The monsoon season from June to August is the least ideal time due to heavy rainfall and the possibility of landslides.
Is trekking in Nepal difficult?
The level of difficulty varies depending on which trek you choose, but trekking in Nepal can be physically demanding and mentally challenging. It’s essential to do proper training and select a route that matches your skill level. Trekking at higher altitudes may lead to altitude sickness, so it’s crucial to acclimatize properly and take precautions.
How safe is trekking in Nepal?
Trekking in Nepal is a safe adventure if you take proper precautions and follow safety guidelines. Some treks are safe to do without a guide, but it’s recommended to have experienced guides, especially for high-altitude treks above 4,000 meters. Health hazards like altitude and weather changes can make trekking dangerous, but following safety procedures can minimize the risks.
Can I trek in Nepal without a guide?
It’s possible to trek in Nepal without a guide, but it’s recommended to hire a guide or porter, especially if you are a first-time trekker. The guide can help you navigate the trails, communicate with locals, and assist you with any emergencies that may arise during your trek. They provide valuable insights into local culture, customs, and even help carry your belongings.
Hopefully, these FAQs have provided some clarity and helped you plan your trekking adventure in Nepal with more confidence.
Reasons to Choose Us:
- A 70% Repeat Customer rate speaks to our commitment to delivering unforgettable experiences each and every time.
- Guaranteed Departures give peace of mind when it comes to planning and booking your adventure.
- Our team of Destination Experts are experienced and knowledgeable about the regions we explore.
- Competitive Prices ensure our clients receive the best value for their money.
- With a 99% Success Rate, you can trust us to deliver on our promise of an amazing adventure.
Places of attractions, travel tips, news and more.Recent From Our Blog
Top 5 Nepal Trekking Packages in the Himalayas
Himalayan trekkers a thrilling adventure amidst stunning scenery and cultural immersion in the Himalayas? Look no further than our top 5 trekking packages in the Himalayas handpicked for April 2023! With stable weather conditions, clear skies, and blooming rhododendron forests, April is the ultimate time to explore Nepal’s breathtaking landscapes. Our expertly curated trekking packages…
Major Highlights of Langtang Valley Trek
Know about the major Highlights of Langtang Valley Trekking before you book your trip. This article gives you an overview of the Langtang trekking route, including difficulty level, the best time for the Trek, walking hours, packing lists, permits, and guide porter services. Let’s imagine a place that has a great mountain range in the…
Nepal Trekking Packages for 2023
If you plan to trek in Nepal soon and want to know about the top Nepal trekking packages for 2023, this post is for your comfort.