Tilicho Lake Trekking
Tilicho Lake Trekking is one of the popular trekking routes in the Annapurna Region as it lets you witness the scintillating Tilicho on a rather rugged terrain. Tilicho Lake, at an altitude of 4910 m, is the highest lake in the world for its size. The glacier melt on the northern slopes of Annapurna and Thorang Peak is collected in the Tilicho Lake. Tilicho lake trek takes you through some of the most beautiful places of the Annapurna region accompanied by a spectacular vista of the snow-capped mountains. If you are a person who enjoys being in close proximity to nature and loves to be greeted by warm smiling faces of the people, then you can always opt for Tilicho Lake Trekking.
The 15 days Tilicho Lake Trekking starts as you drive to Syange from Kathmandu witnessing various settlements, rivers, waterfalls, and varying landscape. You will cover places like Dharapani, Chame, Pisang, Manang and Besisahar, during this trek. You will also visit ancient Buddhist monasteries and explore the Gurung communities who have their distinct culture and dialect. The rugged but beautiful terrains, the green flora, the diverse fauna, the smiling and friendly faces of the people, the gigantic views of the mountains, glaciers and lakes, the diverse culture and beautiful monasteries, will lead you to the mesmerizing Tilicho Lake. The enchanting Tilicho Lake with its deep blue water shining against the snow-covered rocks is sure to take your breath away. Along the way, you will have a breathtaking view of the Himalayas including Annapurna massif (8091m), Dhaulagiri (8167m), Gangapurna (7455m) and Lamjung Himal (6983m) among others. The trek will come to an end as you walk back to the beautiful village of Manang to join the Marsayangdi River trail. The best season to do the Tilicho Lake Trekking is from March to May and September to mid-December.
My Everest Trip provides you with experienced and knowledgeable guides, who has led many trekking groups throughout the country. We do not compromise on the quality of services in order to give you an unforgettable trekking experience.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m/4264ft) then picked up from there to Hotel
- Airport/hotel pick up and drop off by private car
- At least two nights 3 star hotel in Kathmandu Bed and Breakfast plan
- Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in whole trekking
- Domestic flights (KTM-Lukla-KTM) with all surcharges airport taxes for guests and guide
- Trekking map
- An experienced government license holder guide
- Trekking porter/Sherpa who will carry your bags during the trekking
- Insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits
- Travel and rescue arrangement
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System)
- All government taxes and tourist service charge
What's not included
- Meals in Kathmandu before and after trekking, allowing US$ 15 – US$ 20 per day
- Your travel insurance ( Rescue )
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver
- Drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc
- Personal trekking equipments
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Sleeping bag rated to 0 degrees (3/4 season)
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Head lamp (eg Petzl) spare bulbs & batteries
- Lightweight thermal gloves
- Small padlock to lock trek bag
- Underwear (4)
- Basic First Aid Kit (see First Aid Medicine below)
- Waterproof shell jacket (preferably breathable fabric)
- Plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Shorts (2)
- Daypack (35-40 litres/2500-3000 cubic inches)
- Lightweight cotton long trousers/pants
- Camping mattress, eg thermarest pad
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Water bottles (2)
- Sun hat or scarf
- Warm fleece hat or light balaclava
- Small wash towel
- T-shirts (2)
- Footwear appropriate to the trip
- Thin, lightweight (inner socks) (4)
- Waterproof shell trousers/pants (preferably breathable fabric)
Join Our Fixed Departures
There are no fixed departure dates available for this trip you can choose your own dates.
Choose a Private Trip
If you already know who you would like to take your adventure with and would prefer to enjoy your ‘My Everest Trip’ experience with your own group of friends, then we’ve got good news! All of our trips are also available as private adventures! Our private adventure specialists are on hand to give you a quote or talk you through some of the different options that we offer.
So feel free to give us a call on +977 9851069558 or Email us at [email protected]
If you have already travelled with us and want to share your story and experiences to the world please send us your experiences by cliking the button below:
These reviews are from the travellers who have travelled with us previously.
Tilicho Lake Trek
My Everest Trip was recommended to me by distant relatives and searching the website I saw so many treks to choose from. Puru was great assistance helping me to choose a trek suitable for me and my friends. We are experienced trekkers, but had never been to Nepal, so this was obvious choice.
After a long flight to Kathmandu it was nice to be met by a friendly staff member in the airport and driven to our hotel. I also appreciate that day two was planned with sightseeing and preparation for the trek as it gave us time to recover from our flight and get the sense of the country and it was nice to meet our guide, Yam, for a briefing before we set of the next morning.
The Tilicho Lake trek is a great experience and being surrounded by friendly people made this the best trek I ever did and makes me regret I did not go to Nepal earlier. Yam is a super guide and he added so much to our days in the Himalayas, this would not have been the same without him. He made sure all the safety precautions were taken so everybody was safe always. Since everything was arranged in advance we did not have to worry about where to sleep or our meals and we could just enjoy our trek in the magnificent Annapurna region.
As soon as I get the chance I will return to Nepal for another adventure and I will definitely book with Puru again.
- Fallow the trekking trailes with Marshyndi river and natural wonders.
- Visit the oldest monastery in Braga , pisang and manang village.
- Culture of Tibetan And Gurung ( Buddhist and Bon culture).
- World highest Tilicho Lake(4919 M).
- Stunning view of Mt Manaslu (8163m), Annapurna 1 (8091) and Dhaulagiri (8167m) Crossing Throng La Pass (5416m).
- Hindu sacred thample muktinath with Buddhists Monastery.
- Hospitality of Thakali people and their culture.
We are your ultimate adventure partner.
My Everest Trip is a reliable, Eco-friendly and experienced tour company in Nepal – so if you’re looking for the ultimate Himalayan adventure, you’ve come to the right place. Our seasoned guides offer mountain trekking and peak climbing across Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet – as well as a myriad of jungle safaris, sightseeing, bungee jumping, cycling, and paragliding packages. So to learn more about us click below and choose us as your ultimate adventure partner! Learn More About Us
Why Book With Us
- 85% Repeat Customers
- Guaranteed Departures
- Team of destinations Experts
- Competitive Prices
- 99% Success Rate
Places of attractions, travel tips, news and more.Recent From Our Blog
To traverse the Himalayas is a blissful journey and Mardi Himal Trek provides you an opportunity to gain this experience. Amongst many treks in Nepal, the Mardi Himal Trek stands out with its incomparable beauty and is becoming more popular by the day. Mardi Himal Trek takes you to the heart of the Annapurna region….
Everest is the world’s highest mountain peak. Famous across the world for the achievement it offers those who manage its summit; it is the ultimate item on any trekkers bucket list. So here at My Everest Trekking we offer a number of Everest Trekking Packages to give you the flexibility to make this dream possible….
Located in Midwest Nepal in Gorkha district, Manaslu is the 8th highest mountain in the world. The major attractions of doing treks around the mountain are the beautiful and pristine trails and the wonderful villages on the way. With a variety of treks available here, options to view majestic mountains like Manaslu and Ganesh seem…